*By reserving a date, you agree to adhere to the below-mentioned guidelines.
Reserve the Avery Celebration Rock by clicking here.
We ask for your assistance in following these guidelines:
- Reservations MUST be made in order to paint the Spirit Rock. Click on the Avery Celebration Rock Sign-Up Genius to see available dates.
- Reserving the Spirit Rock is $20. All payments and reservations are non-refundable for any reason (changed your mind, inclement weather, etc.)! However, if you decide you do not want your date, you can offer it to a friend or sell it to another family—you must contact Avery PTA at [email protected] update this information on Sign-Up Genius.
- Paint and painting supplies are not provided by the school or PTA. We currently partner with Petit Artist for an amazing Corporate Partner for painting the Avery Rock – $55 (Please call 678-348-0680 or visit the Avery Rock FAQ page for more details).
- Only one person per day may reserve the Celebration Rock. If you decide to paint multiple student’s Celebrations on the rock, that is allowed but decided by the individual that has the reserved slot.
- Reservations must be made by a parent or teacher on behalf of a student or student group. Calls cannot be made to the front office for reservation purposes.
- Once reserved, you will have the rock for 24 hours beginning at 4:00 PM the day before. For example, if you reserve the rock for November 15th, you’ll have the Spirit Rock beginning at 4:00 PM on November 14th through 4:00 PM on November 15th.
- The area around the Celebration Rock must be left neat and tidy and paint-free. ONLY the Rock may be painted. DO NOT paint the grass or any other material surrounding the Rock. Please use a plastic tarp or other covering to protect the grass surrounding the rock. The individual or group will be held financially responsible for cleaning and/or repair costs associated with violation of this policy. Anyone painting the Rock must leave the area in clean condition.
- Remove all paint materials and litter from the site and be sure the paint is disposed of properly.
- Reminders for reservations will not be sent by the school or PTA.
- All rules as outlined in the CCSD Code of Student Conduct MUST be obeyed. No exceptions. (No bullying, profanity, obscenity, or derogatory language.)
Tips & Tricks
- If you reserved the Rock, but can’t remember the date you reserved log into the Avery Celebration Rock Sign-Up Genius here.
- The most popular paint to use is to spray paint. You will probably need 3-4 cans for a good base coat (more if your base coat is white), and you may want to spray a clear protective coat over your design at the end to seal it in. Please note that, latex paint and paint that is rolled on will take several hours to dry, as opposed to spray paint, which dries in several minutes.
Please be kind to our environment and recycle your empty cans!